Tuesday, July 8, 2008

to do list

Its late and I am trying to organize my thoughts on this whole jewelry party thing I am working to plan. I spent the better part of the afternoon looking into past forum postings on etsy and gathering information on successful parties. WHat I have found so far is that simple is better and having a game plan is going to be my best bet. Here are a couple good ideas I ran accross today.

1. Send invitations to twice as many people as I expect to attend- It seems that about half those you invite are likely to actually attend your party. Also, asking those you invite to bring a friend seems to be a good idea. After all, its not an invitation only event.

2. Keep the food and beverage options simple and appetizing. Wine and cheese or simple finger foods. By keeping the list simple, overhead will be kept to a minimum.

3. Offer a "raffle" by asking all guest to put a dollar in a jar and picking one guest to win a set of jewelry. Who can resist winning something for a dollar, or at least the chance of winning.

4. The layout/ presentation of the jewelry should flow easily through the house. Offer lots of colors and styles to fit everyone's likes.

As I find more tips, I will add to my list. This may come in handy for future parties or to help other designers who are looking to plan a party like me.

No comments: