Monday, April 20, 2009

Preparations for Jewlery Events, Music on my Mind, and Spring Fever!

Its just another Manic Monday! As with all good things, that must come to an end, the weekend quickly turned into Monday.

Lots to do this week, as I am preparing to set up at the Farmer's Market this Saturday. Officially our (Jewelry by Janice and All That Glitters) first event of the season. The anticipation is killing us.

I finalized the items for my part of the Fire Mountain Gems order to be sent in with Janice. We are ordering lots of rich summery colors. I had my eye on a great strand of multi-colored faceted agate. It practically had me drooling over my keyboard. There is absolutely nothing like getiing in a fresh order of beads from FMG.

I've been listening to WayFM lately and I must say I am becoming a bit hooked! Its a wonderful thing to he "hooked" on though. Addison Road, a wonderful christian group has a song out entitled "Hope Now." Everytime I hear it, I am instantly calm. I know my stress is not to be compared with that of others. I have the health of my family and myself, and I have food on the table, but when caught in a moment of panic, remembering that we have someone watching over us definately calms the storm.

At any rate: Here are a few songs that have really kept me chugging along the last few weeks!

Addison Road- Hope Now http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xboucW89gUU
Francesca Battistelli- Free to be Me! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujenRXDu2Ik
Toby Mac- Lose my Soul http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZG9G68bZO0
Need to Breathe- Washed By the Water http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNU-K5NLPSw&feature=PlayList&p=6CD470B60B85950D&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=65

Music sure to put you in a good mood, however manic you Monday may be!

Its the small things that get you through the day! I planted a few mystery seeds that my father-in-law gave me a few years ago in a little pot in my kitchen window. I noticed Sunday the little pods had made their way past the surface of miracle grow potting mix! I can't wait to see what these mystery seeds grow into!
There is just something about spring that flips a switch in me! It seems as if the grass grows inches by the day, the leaves populate the branches overnight, frogs take over the wetland/woods behind our house with a triumphant symphony, and my toes seemingly earn for flip-flops. I can smell the bar-b-ques already! Its finally time to open the windows and let some frest air in. Thank goodness for the Spring!

1 comment:

GrandmaMarilyn said...

Oh, wish we had spring. We tend to go from the little bit of winter we have right into summer again. We have summer weather most of the year. HOT! HOT! HOT! But, we do have the trees leafing and showing us that everything is still alive. Oh, and the flowering trees and bushes are lovely, too.